Stalls and Stands
Unlike 2017, there is no requirement to register for a stand as long as you comply with the following, you can just turn up and go.
1. Any tables must be of sound construction. This means that flimsy tables like wallpaper pasting tables will not be permitted. Folding tables are permitted but must not be able to fold up or collapse if someone should lean on them. There should also be no sharp corners or damaged edges which people could collide with and/or get objects in their possession caught on.
2. Coverings, awnings and pop-up gazebos are permitted, however, they must be of sound construction and freestanding. This means that they must not require outside support other than the internal pole structure. Guide wires are not permitted as these are a trip hazard.
3. Electrical devices such as generators are not permitted unless the appliance is less than 12 months old and you can provide proof of this being true, or have a PAT electrical certification and valid insurance.
4. If you are selling any merchandise for fundraising purposes then we require you to put a small sign (a4 will do) stipulating where funds raised are donated/used. This forms part of the transparency rules and allows those in attendance to know where their donation is going so they can make an informed choice.
5. The park will open at 9 am to those setting up stands. After 11 am no vehicle movement in the park will be permitted until 5 pm. This is to stop vehicle/pedestrian collisions. Entry to the park with vehicles will be from the south entrance as marked on the map below.
6. Police Scotland have asked that any stalls which produce waste please provide a bin. They would prefer it if clear bin liners were used for security reasons.